CWPNetwork Spotlight Submissions
One of the most exciting aspects of CWPNetwork is providing exposure to outstanding photographers. We are proud to showcase some of the amazing talent we have in this country. There is no charge for being spotlighted, but photogrpahers must be Canadian women to qualify.
What is the Photographer Spotlight?
The Photographer Spotlight appears on the Home Page of CWPNetwork. It is a beautiful slider that displays images of chosen photographers. When images are clicked on, a slideshow appears to display full versions of each image. In addition to the image display, a separate page provides a short biography, as well as links, to each photographer showcased.
How Does CWPNetwork Choose Photographers to Spotlight?
CWPNetwork is constantly searching the Internet for outstanding images by Canadian women photographers. When we find images we want to spotlight we contact each photographer personally.
We also take into consideration photographers who have been nominated by others.
I Have Been Chosen For the Spotlight, Now What?
If you have received an email asking if you would like to participate, please follow these guidelines:
- Submit two versions of the chosen image. One sized at 900 px by 600 px and one at 950 px by 450 px. The larger version will be the image displayed in the full size slideshow. The smaller cropped version will appear in the slider on the home page. We prefer that the photographer decide on the crop themselves as this is quite subjective. Please title the image files: YourName900x600 and YourName950x450
- Let us know what you would like the caption to be for the image (ie. ©Lisa Solonynko Photography)
- Submit a short bio (100 word maximum) that describes what you do as a photographer.
- Submit 2 links so that viewers can visit your site/blog/facebook.
- Send the images, bio and links to info [at] cwpnetwork dot com with the Subject line: Photographer Spotlight [Your Name]
Things to remember:
- Do not submit if you have not received an email inviting you to participate
- Only submit the image we requested (we are happy to consider other images for future spotlights)
- Choose carefully when deciding to watermark your images. Smaller watermarks, if any, are better in order to showcase the image without obstruction
- Keep the bio short and to the point
- Photographers can appear in more than one spotlight
When submitting an image for the Spotlight, the photographer:
- Warrants that they are the rightful copyright holder of the image,
- Will retain all copyright to the image, and
Gives permission to CWPNetwork to display it only on the CWPNetwork site.
Additional Exposure For Spotlighted Photographers
We are excited to announce a fantastic new addition to CWPNetwork that is only open to spotlighted photographers. Every week we will post an interview with a spotlighted photographer.
If you are interested in participating, simply submit the following:
- Answers to the interview questions (Cut and paste questions and answers into .doc)
- 6 images of your choice (max 500 px on longest side with file names: [Your Name Spot Int 1] ) Special Note: When selecting images to submit, please choose your very best images. These images do not need to be the genre you are focusing on now. The purpose of these images is to showcase your photographic skills. Just because you are focusing on "newborn" photography right now, doesn't mean you only need to submit newborn shots.
- How you would like the copyright notice to read (ie ©Lisa Solonynko Photography)
- 2 links
- Email to: info [at] cwpnetwork dot com with the subject line "Spotlight Holder Interview: [Your Name]
- NOTE: Please compile this information in a separate email from your spotlight image
- Tell us a bit about you.
- Where are you located?
- How long have you been a photographer?
- What motivated you to become a dedicated photographer?
- Did you study photography somewhere, or are you self-taught?
- Do you have a specialization? If so, what genre do you focus on and why?
- How would you describe your style?
- Do you have a photographer that inspires you?
- Name three photographers that you currently follow (if possible, provide links to these photographers).
- What are three tips you would provide aspiring photographers? (could be business, artistic, or technical tips)
- Looking back, what is the biggest mistake you made when you were starting out as a photographer?
- What is your favourite piece of gear?
- What piece of gear is on your wish list?
- If you could shoot anything, anyone, or anywhere, what would it be?
Since we are all photographers, and not necessarily writers, please visit the Write For CWPNetwork page for tips on writing for the Internet.
If you are featured on the Photographer Spotlight, feel free to include one of these badges on your site or blog: